1. Empty Bottle Micro Tank
Super easy and easy to follow instructions at College Life DIY.
3. Gumball Micro Aquarium
Learn how to make this mid-skill level tank at Instructables.
4. Non-Functioning Blender Betta Fish Tank
Read all about how to convert the kitchen appliance at Instructables.
6. Upcycled Retro Television Aquarium
Apartment Therapy has detailed instructions on how to create this vintage fish home.
7. Working Piano Aquarium
Extremely detailed instructions at Errthum.
8. Recycled Old CRT Monitor Fish Tank
Instructables explains each step, including how to safely remove the PC guts.
Read more: http://buzzfeed.com/donnad/household-items-begging-you-to-turn-them-into-aquariums
1. The one cardinal rule: No. Pants. Ever.
Other clothes totally optional as well.
2. Eat all your meals directly in front of the fridge.
Standing up or sitting down — it’s a personal choice.
3. Leave the bathroom door wiiiiide open.
The alpha and omega of true freedom.
4. PROTIP: Stay in your own space, fool.
Even if your roommate’s bed is like a little pile of heaven compared to your own slanting Ikea nightmare.
5. And unless you’re both cool with it, same goes for food and drinks.
6. Call over your boyfriend/girlfriend/FWB/weird neighbor who you always kind of thought was cute for some no-holds-barred kitchen nookie.
And/or living room/bathroom/vestibule.
7. If your boo is out of town:
9. Watch all the dorky movies that always make you cry and bawl away.
No one will poke their head into your room to ask if someone you love just died and so you can enjoy Chance’s journey of redemption in peace. Bonus points if there’s a communal TV you can have all to yourself.
10. If you’re super neat, catch up on all that cleaning you’ve been itching to do.
11. And brush up on your organization.
Although I wouldn’t recommend this particular idea if your roommates are, like, interested in locating their favorite book or whatever ever again.
12. If you’re not so neat, take time to revel in your own squalor.
Clean that ish up before they get home, though.
13. Crank your most absurd music and go to town.
Although maybe don’t go to town quite hard enough to disturb your cranky downstairs neighbors who once called the cops when you had like seven people over to play Cards Against Humanity.
14. If you have a pet, converse freely and openly with it without fear of judgment.
16. Or curl up with a good book.
Preferably one that has, you know, words.
17. Turn the AC or heat as high/low as your heart desires.
It’ll be like your own personal sauna/tundra and nobody can tell you otherwise.
18. Order delivery from the place literally across the street without shame.*
*Except for the shame you feel in front of the delivery person. UGH WHATEVER THAT’S WHY 30% TIPS WERE INVENTED.
19. Sit around and wait for them to come back.
Read more: http://buzzfeed.com/alannaokun/things-you-can-do-when-your-roommates-arent-home
1. Lace-Back Pumps
Fact: everything is better with lace. Directions here.
2. Blue Ruffle Heels
Find out how to make them here.
3. Killer Comic Book Heels
4. Sparkly Strap Wedges
5. Studded Kitten Heels
Full tutorial here.
6. Spiked Pumps
Not for the faint of heart. Get the directions here.
7. Colored Soles
Put Louboutins to shame. Here’s how.
8. Alexander Wang-Inspired Gladiator Shoes
Full tutorial here.
9. Crystal Wedge Heels
10. Tuxedo Bow Pumps
Find out how to make this insanely easy DIY here.
Read more: http://buzzfeed.com/kollabora/10-ways-to-hack-your-heels