1. Let’s be real: A lot of Halloween music is not very good.
2. A lot of it wasn’t even made for Halloween, and just got grandfathered into “Halloween” because the song mentions monsters or ghosts or something.
That Backstreet Boys song isn’t even like that, it just has a Halloween-themed video! But that still makes more sense than the Radiohead and Duran Duran songs on this thing.
3. I mean, “Monster Mash” is fine and all, but it’s just not…spooky enough. It’s not…scary enough.
4. But six years ago, three great men changed everything and CREATED THE BEST HALLOWEEN SONG IN ALL OF HUMAN HISTORY.
Steve Granitz / WireImage / Getty Images
Jason Merritt / Getty Images
Tracy Morgan! Donald Glover! Jeff Richmond!
5. The world got its first taste on Oct. 11th, 2007 when NBC aired an episode of 30 Rock titled “Jack Gets in the Game.”
6. This was the first time we ever heard “Werewolf Bar Mitzvah.” It was only a brief snippet, but it was an immediate game changer.
7. But it was only just heralding the arrival of the full song. The full, utterly perfect version of the song.
8. But perfection can be perfected, because this dance remix is somehow ever better.
9. Once “Werewolf Bar Mitzvah” came along, it was a clear signal to the world that it was time to throw away all Halloween party CDs, because they were now totally obsolete GARBAGE.
10. OK, but not those spooky sounds CDs. Those are still cool.
11. “Werewolf Bar Mitzvah” didn’t just revolutionize the Halloween song game. It also inspired a costume movement!
13. Not to mention parties…
15. …infographic charts…
Good to know!
16. …and weird in-jokes hidden in video games.
17. It’s a Halloween standard now. Anyone can play it! Even these dudes…
19. You should learn it too!
Read more: http://buzzfeed.com/perpetua/werewolf-bar-mitzvah-is-the-greatest-halloween-song-of-all-t