1. He’s a normal dude trying his best to be a superhero.
If you’re one of those people who says they like Batman/Iron Man because “he’s just a regular guy, he doesn’t have any super powers” well then meet your new favorite superhero: Clint Barton/Hawkeye. He’s even more of a normal dude than Bruce Wayne or Tony Stark because he doesn’t start out filthy rich.
2. And because he’s just a normal dude, there are real consequences for when he messes up.
And I’m not just talking about consequences in terms of physical injuries here. The comic deals with some serious stuff.
3. Clint’s a good dude, even if he does operate based on his own set of morals.
Even though he messes up, he is always trying to make it right and to help people who can’t help themselves.
4. Kate Bishop. Just…Kate Bishop.
Katie Kate is the absolute best. She is sassy and doesn’t take any of Clint’s crap, but she’s also talented, loyal, super smart, and she has a good heart.
5. Clint’s love and respect for Kate. She’s not his side-kick, they’re a team.
They are equals and they work together and Kate has to save Clint just as many times (if not more) as Clint has to save Kate.
6. Optimism underneath it all.
7. Pizza Dog, a.k.a. Lucky.
The best doggie ever I swear. Clint rescues him from his abusive former owners.
8. It’s really beautifully done.
David Aja (artist) and Matt Hollinsworth (colorist) create real art with their panels. And the color scheme. It’s so pretty.
9. Clint is a giant lovable dork.
He drinks coffee out of the pot, if he had a catchprase it would be “Awww, ___________, no” and he has a tendency to mutter to himself sometimes. In other words, he’s your new spirit animal.
10. Because boomerangs.
11. There is no time for derogatory terms for ladies.
You tell ‘em, Kate.
12. It’s clever and hilarious.
They’re talking about dangling prepositions and who can drive a muscle car better during a car chase. They’re pretty awesome.
13. No, it’s really funny.
Also all the Captain America name-drops. I’m right there with you, Clint. He’s awesome.
14. We can all identify with Kate.
15. It’s very tasteful.
16. TRICK. ARROWS.
THEY ARE ALL SO COOL. (Especially the boomerang arrow).
17. Guest appearances from some of your other Marvel favorites.
Captain America, Maria Hill, Nick Fury, Tony Stark, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Bobbi Morse, Jessica Drew, Natasha Romanoff… the gang’s all here!
18. Speaking of Tony, he literally comes over to Clint’s to UNTANGLE HIS DVD PLAYER.
19. Clint’s a total badass.
And he protects the people he cares about/has a responsibility to protect.
20. The TV programs Fraction makes up are amazing.
21. There is a whole issue written from the perspective of a dog and it’s the best thing ever.
Seriously tho, how rad is this??
22. It deals with important lessons in standing your ground.
And with self doubt, uncertainty, insecurities, and how to live a meaningful life. It’s heavy, but always relevant.
23. It’s perceptive and self-aware.
24. Ultimately, it’s about friendship, doing what is right, and being the best you can be.
And that’s pretty dang uplifting at the end of the day!