Were there glow in the dark stars on your bedroom ceiling? Did you go pond dipping? And fossil hunting?
- How many of these did you have? (Homemade versions count!)
- 7 garnethill.com / Via geekologie.com ✓ Glow in the dark duvet cover.
- 8 mosishop.org.uk ✓ Night sky projection kit.
- 15 ✓ Microscope.
- 16 Flickr: spencer77 / Creative Commons ✓ Net for pond dipping.
- 17 Flickr: paulspace / Creative Commons ✓ Pooter for collecting insects.
- 18 rokit.com ✓ Homemade water rocket.
- 19 sciencemuseumshop.co.uk ✓ Electronic circuit kit.
- 20 Flickr: cmichel67 / Creative Commons ✓ A terrarium.
- 21 Flickr: tschiae / Creative Commons ✓ Cress growing kit.
- 22 Instagram: @kahoakes ✓ My first science video.
- 23 Scholastic ✓ The Magic School Bus books.
- 24 Scholastic / Via thestrong.org ✓ The Magic School Bus video games.
- 39 Flickr: span112 / CC ✓ Homemade volcano with baking soda.
- 40 Daniel Christensen / en.wikipedia.org ✓ Cornflour for making non-Newtonian fluid.
- 41 Didier Descouens / en.wikipedia.org ✓ Fool’s gold.
- 42 Flickr: arenamontanus / CC ✓ Chunk of quartz.
- 43 Kelly Oakes / BuzzFeed ✓ Fossils you found on the beach.
- 44 Flickr: infobunny / CC ✓ Net for investigating rock pools.
- 47 Dominique Toussaint / en.wikipedia.org ✓ Newton’s cradle.
- 48 Fenners / en.wikipedia.org ✓ Galilean thermometer.
- 49 Fun Learning / ebay.co.uk ✓ Solar system model.
- 50 Science Museum / amazon.co.uk ✓ Weather station.
- 51 4mation.co.uk ✓ Guardians of the Greenwood computer game.
- 52 Brøderbund Software / broderbund.com ✓ Logical Journey of the Zoombinis computer game.
- 53 mosishop.org.uk ✓ Circuit board notebook.
- 54 ✓ Crystal clear smart putty.
- 55 Kelly Oakes / BuzzFeed ✓ Fuzzy felt in SPACE.
- 56 ✓ Fuzzy felt Dinosaurs.
How Geeky Were You As A Child?
You weren’t super geeky as a kid. You probably went pond dipping once or twice, but were happier playing sport or making your own fun with your friends. But remember, it’s never too late to embrace your nerdy side.
Flickr: spencer77 / Creative Commons
You were pretty geeky as a kid. You spent some time experimenting and probably made more than your fair share of homemade volcanoes and rockets. But you were just as happy with other activities too.
Flickr: span112 / Creative Commons
You were very geeky as a kid. Science was probably one of your favourite subjects at school and you spent most of the holidays geeking out too. I mean, what’s the point of spending a day at the beach if you don’t dig around in some rock pools?